HeadCheck is a complete concussion management and identification tool used by trained professionals in sport.
With HeadCheck’s iOS app users can:
- Run baseline and post-injury concussion assessments
- Track athlete concussion health
- And get instant comparison to past test performance
At HeadCheck Health we strive to bring you the latest and most innovative technology backed by scientific research. Our goal is to bridge the gap between your team and the latest research in the field. It is our mission to provide an effective and affordable solution for concussion identification and management.
Combined with a comprehensive battery of concussion tests, HeadCheck will soon feature a novel balance quantification method delivers objective scoring, providing users with reliable scores to make appropriate sideline decisions.
The HeadCheck app is designed with you in mind. It can be used on its own, or in tandem with other concussion protocols that you currently employ.
- Complete concussion assessment in less than 5 minutes
- Extensive range of tests includes symptoms, cognitive function and balance
- Currently, we feature all of the Gold Standard Test:
- Initial Assessment
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Maddocks Score
- Symptoms Evaluation
- Cognitive Assessment
- Balance Test
- Neck Examination
- Test score summary with immediate comparison to baseline
- Securely store and share test results with doctors, trainers, and parents
- Coming soon: HeadCheck’s wireless headband objectively quantifies balance
- HeadCheck Health is making gold-standard concussion testing accessible to more athletes, ensuring that both children and adults are concussion tested before playing a contact sport is essential to reducing the incidents of long-term concussion related brain injuries. HeadCheck has made it affordable for all schools and organizations to conduct both baseline testing, and post-injury concussion assessments directly on the sidelines. The technology is easy to use, and all of an athlete’s data can be time-stamped and securely stored for convenient access, at any time or any location.
- I am happy to be using HeadCheck Health's concussion app with my student trainers for the UBC Thunderbirds. It makes performing the SCAT3 concussion test simple to perform and easy to record. This app has improved the speed and reliability of our pre-season screening and post injury tests. Concussion recognition and management is such an important part of athlete care today, I feel, as a sports administrator, this is an important investment in the health of our athletes.
- This app is very convenient for our therapists and saves an enormous amount of time. It is well designed to meet the needs of therapists from both ease of use and communication with other practitioners like Doctors and other specialists.
- I can’t say enough about what the HeadCheck team is doing with this standardized medical tool for concussions and head injuries. The app is extremely easy to use and very user friendly. It eliminates the endless trail of paperwork for clinicians and will allow for better concussion management for each individual as they progress through various levels of sport throughout life and their potential careers. The technical support, although not needed, has been amazing. Working closely with clinicians for feedback and always looking for ways to improve with regular updates to their software, they have a keen grasp on the necessity of what they have created.